Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Goods for services

Occasionally every WG gets asked if she would exchange her services for goods (vs. cash).


Consumers have to understand that every sex worker is different: some do this work to supplement their income or pay for their studies, other do it as an occasional hobby while others still do it as a career. Some have spouses/partners who are not aware of how their GF/wife makes $$ or even when they do, they frown upon gifts, as to them it seems a lot more personal (even if it’s not at all the case).
So the attitudes towards goods vs. cash for services are greatly affected by the above.
After all, one cannot pay for their groceries or rent with a Rolex watch, no matter how nice or expensive it happens to be.

Personally I am financially secure and not cash poor, so occasional “goods for services” swap is not out of the question. BUT… It very much depends on what you are offering, its value and, the most important of all, the value of it to ME (which may vary greatly from its actual value).
Let me illustrate with some examples.

A great flat-screen TV which you no longer need (because you just bought the latest Samsung curve-screen HDTV) is, in all fairness, a good value-when one needs it. I would have no use for it or even a space to put it in, so that’s zero value to me.

Same with your old (er) IPad or IPhone: while there is definitely a significant market value attached to those, I simply don’t use Apple products.

There are things I do need, use and appreciate. For instance, I would gladly accept a grocery store voucher (equal to my fee)-as it is something I can use regularly. What’s the difference, you ask?
Well, the voucher could be charged to EFTPS or Credit Card (while I only accept cash) and food purchase could also be easily explained if a client gets caught by his partner. If nothing else, you can say that you bought some food for a Charity drive at work ;).

I enjoy travelling, so vouchers to airlines (but only the ones I frequently use: Emirates, Air New Zealand, Quantas and Southwest in US are great).

Or you can purchase an entire ticket for me (destinations I’d specify on the dates I state). This option is valuable for guys who own and/or are upper management of companies with corporate travel accounts. It means they can charge the whole thing to their CC and maybe even write it off later.

Please remember that some airlines (such as Air New Zealand) charge extra for USE of the vouchers (yes, I know- a bit ridiculous). Air New Zealand charges $50 fee for this. So while I am willing to overlook this for larger amounts ($500 and higher), a $200 AirNZ voucher means that I am only getting $150 AND will also be stung by the CC fee they charge, so this has to be taken into the consideration.

Same with the hotels: I will happily accept a confirmed and paid for hotel booking (from the list of the hotels I provide on the dates specified) in lieu of payment.

I haven’t renewed my Koru membership which expired after I had returned from my last trip, so that’s an option. I do, however, have Platinum Airpoints card, which means that its (membership’s) value to ME is $380 (it’s one of the perks of having a Platinum card) and NOT $800 (or whatever the regular price is).

While I enjoy jewellery (as any woman does, I am sure), I am certainly not gunning to attain as much of it as I can. Jewellery is like a car: the value plummets the minute one takes it out of the store and re-sale value is often pennies on the dollar. So if I really like the piece, we might talk about the value that’s agreeable to both of us. Also don’t be offended if I’d want a jeweller to take a look at it. After all, there were many cases when people thought they have precious priceless heirlooms passed down for generations only to discover that the items were, in fact, fakes.

Some guys seem to think that bringing alcohol, lingerie and toys constitutes as a very nice present and should be counted towards the price of the booking. Wrong!
These are the presents for YOU…LOL.. You will drink most of the alcohol and enjoy visual stimulation from the WG wearing the lingerie and playing with toys ;). Besides, any WG worth her salt would have abundance of these items anyway.

I do accept alcohol as “goods for services” occasionally, but I will specify what it is I’d like and the total price has to match my service fees. This alcohol will NOT be consumed by us during the booking-it is for me personal use.

There are plenty of things that might be considered, of course, so every transaction needs to be discussed individually.

It goes without saying that I will be taking into the consideration how you come across overall: I certainly do NOT want to be a recipient of stolen goods, fraudulent transactions or funds pilfered unlawfully from your employer.

Hope this helps J

No comments:

Post a Comment