Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Screening clients over the phone


All WGs adopt some form of screening process, even in the countries where prostitution is legal.
This has to do with weeding out many time-wasters, unsavoury and unstable/dangerous types providers have to deal with on a regular basis.



There is no fool-proof, guaranteed blueprint for this process. Sometimes perfectly nice guys don’t get a booking because they said something that raised red flag without realising it.

Personally, I am happy to accept that I lose some money as a result of my screening process in exchange for peace of mind.

Whenever possible, clients should imagine themselves in WG’s shoes: inviting a complete stranger who is most certainly bigger and stronger than they are and sexually charged in their home, to be alone and naked with. Just think of vulnerability one feels.

I will offer some examples of potential bookings I have rejected and explain the reasons why I’ve done so.
I want to make it very clear that persons described could be the nicest, sweetest, most wonderful people on Earth; however the way they went about making a booking raised some red flags.

Story #1:

I receive a call from foreign-sounding woman. She informs me that she is on a speakerphone so her husband can hear/participate in conversation. They are calling to inquire about my couples’s service.
So far so good.

Her husband jumps into the conversation and asks me if I offer this service (I do, as clearly stated in my ad along with the price). He says they “just wanted to check”. OK, fair enough.

I ask them when they would like to book a session and it gets a bit confusing, as he says they wanted to do it yesterday (?), but got busy, so now they are thinking about next week.
That’s fine with me and I tell them to call me when they know what date and time suits them the best. We say out goodbyes, and I wish them a lovely day.

An hour later my phone rings-it’s the husband, calling from a different number and telling me that he has “received permission” from his wife to see me on his own, as she is gone away (none of which was mentioned an hour ago). He wants to come in for a booking that same day for 2 hours to “see how it goes”.

It’s 11:30am and he wants 2pm booking, which is fine, but when I ask him to confirm, he says he will “call me back in 5 min”.

During this conversation he clearly makes an effort to make it sound like we (him and I) now know each other.
When he calls back in 30 min (not 5 as promised), he starts with “Wazz up” in Russian for a greeting.
I deliberately use this expression to emphasize that he attempts to portray himself as a good friend, known and trusted: the particular phrase he used is something one would address a very good friend or acquaintance with in Russia.

I ask in English “I am sorry, who is this” and he replies “It’s me, of course”. I ask him where he is from (Eastern European country).
After a very brief (about a second) consideration I decline the booking.

Here are the reasons why:

I get a fair number of couples inquiring and partaking in my services. Usually it is a guy whom contacts me and arranges everything. Sometimes (rarely), it is a woman who organises everything.
Having a woman on a speakerphone with her husband/partner simultaneously seems like an overkill, especially just for an inquiry (remember, they weren’t making a booking, just talking about a possibility of one. They weren’t asking any specific questions, either, which would be legitimate reason to both of them to be on the phone). General perception is that women are harmless, safe and trustworthy (along with children and puppies). Many “confidence scams” are based on this.

In and all itself it wasn’t a big deal, however, and at that stage I was happy to accept their booking.
As you remember, they were talking about next week.

So when the guy calls from a different number an hour later and tells me that he “received permission” to come see me on his own because his wife is away and he wants to do it today, it sounded a bit off.
There was no mention of his wife going away in the first conversation.

Although he stated his desired time clearly (2pm) initially, when asked to confirm, he says he will call me back “in 5 min”.

Another red flag is that he wants a 2 hour booking, although he just wants to “see how it goes”.

It is a big misconception among punters that longer bookings are highly desirable by WGs.
It is not at all the case.
Fact is, we can all spot “phone wankers” (guys who call just to talk to WG and get off on it without any intention of making a booking) because they inquire about “5 hours” or “overnight”. They think they have a greater chance to capture girl’s interest/keep her communicating when they dangle a promise of “big money”... LMAO...

Reality is, a prospect of 5 hours (let alone overnight) with a complete stranger is daunting to say the least, as WG doesn’t know what the expectations are. She might be stuck in a room with someone who wants to pound her like a fillet for the entire time or someone who’s manner is offensive, intimidating, unpleasant-take your pick.

Usually WGs prefer longer booking with clients they have met before.

Personally I accept longer bookings with some new clients, but it is usually guys whom have read my blog, seen my website and followed my posts on sex industry forums. I always have a bit of chat with them before accepting the booking to gauge expectations and/or read reviews they’ve posted about other WGs first.

But back to my story. When I hung up the second time, I was full of doubt. I decided to think about this for a few minutes. When the guy rang 30 min later and started with that “Wazz up” in Russian, my mind was made up-I didn’t want a booking.

One might ask what the hell my problem was.

Situation had earmarks of time-compressed “confidence scam”: a woman to start with to ease the way for the guy, repeated phone calls to create familiarity and the sense of “known and trusted friend”, use of my native language. That last one is very popular, as in “we are one of a kind, you and I. You can trust me. I am one of your own”.

Unfortunately, in the recent years there were quite a few cases here in NZ (and in many other countries) of various no-good types from Eastern Europe (which is where that guy was from).
Those cases range from drug trafficking to ATM scam/rip-off to credit card numbers spoofing and, yes, ever present human trafficking.

Last year, while working in a Melbourne parlour, I was booked by Eastern European guy whom promptly offered me a “deal” as soon as he got in the room with me: he comes back the next day, books me for 10 hours, he pays with stolen (spoofed) credit card, we do nothing in the room but chat and I give him back half of my portion (which parlour always pays to the girl in cash immediately, before the booking commences, regardless of client’s method of payment).
I said “Sure” to the guy, as I didn’t want him to turn on me, but reported him to the management as soon as he was out of the door.

If the guy who called me (my NZ story) was up to no good and wanted to involve me in his dealings (I am NOT saying he was, but I had to do risk assessment), I would be truly screwed.
He would know where I live and when I refuse his *whatever illegal* proposition (which I definitely would), he would view me as a threat: I saw his face, know what he was up to, etc.
He might attempt various intimidation techniques to get me to cooperate, as he would be able to stalk me and watch my movements and whereabouts. Or worse.

So I made an executive decision to not get involved with this person altogether. Yes, there is a possibility that it was all perfectly innocent and I just lost several hundred dollars. But guess what? I can live with that. My peace of mind, sanity and well-being is way more important.

Story #2:

I receive a text at 9:15am on a Sat morning asking if I am available.
I reply affirmatively and ask the texter about desired time and duration of the booking. He takes his time replying, and then asks for an hour at 10am.

I try calling to confirm, but he doesn’t answer. I text explaining I require a voice call confirmation, tried calling, but he didn’t pick up.
He calls 10 min later, at which point I decline the booking.
Why, you ask?

Here we go:

He text outside of my *clearly stated* business hours (and please note that 9:15am on a Sat is NOT a common working hour for any private WG) and asked for a short notice booking which I do not offer (again, stated in my ad).
Overall, it’s not a big deal, but this tells me that he is a “boundary pusher” and these types tend to push boundaries in the room as well.

I’ve had over my quota of “boundary pushers” this week and am not very keen on yet another one (and for an hour, too).

Of note also is his chosen method of communication (text) and the length of time it takes him to reply. It tells me that he is “shopping around”: texting multiple WGs looking for the best deal.
Guys who want to see a specific WG, especially on a short notice, usually call, as they want to get an answer as soon as possible.

Please don’t get me wrong: I full well realise I might not be the first (or even second or third) choice of any punter, what’s with hundreds of choices out there and clients most definitely have every right to look for the best deal. However, I have a choice (and the right given to me by PRA) to decline the booking for any reason.
Guys who obviously “shop around” are more likely to cancel in the last minute if they get a better deal from someone else.

Some days, when I am working online at home, it’s not an issue, but on this lovely sunny Sat morning I had plans (that didn’t involve clients, sex or even putting my make-up on) and didn’t feel like stressing myself rushing around getting ready, putting my make-up, stalking, corset and heels on, doing my hair, lighting the candles, setting up the room (spending about 40 min doing it all) to be told it’s all for nothing in the last moment.

Hence my decision to decline the booking.

Yes, I might have lost $200, but in exchange I’ve got a lovely morning, free of stress and aggravation.

Other common “red flags” are:

-Making a confirmed booking, getting WG’s address ad THEN starting to ask about what the girl looks like, what she charges and her services. That’s a trademark of an “address hunter”

-Calling and asking very general questions, like “Tell me about your service” (when it is described in the ad) or “So what outfits do you have”. It smacks of “phone wanker”/time waster. Better way is to state what it is specifically you are after and ask the girl if she can provide it.

-Asking the girl how busy she is that day. It’s unproductive and irrelevant. Besides, do you really want to know how “busy” she is? Just tell her what time/duration you are looking for and ask if she is available then.

-Saying things like “It’s my first time with you, so I will just book half an hour and we’ll see how it goes”. Honestly guys, WGs don’t care how long of a booking you want, so long as you state it clearly, as they need to plan their day. WGs don’t do “save the hour”s. She is not going to decline another client with a confirmed booking because you said *very vaguely* “we’ll see how it goes” implying you might want to extend, but not committing to anything. If you do want to extend at the end of the time you’ve booked/paid for and she is free and willing, she’ll do it. If not, book for longer next time.

Overall, clear concise approach always works the best: state where you seen WG’s ad, confirm that she provides specific services/outfits you desire, state the date/time/duration of your booking and ask if she is available. Simple.

1 comment:

  1. Brillaint Yana and exactly 100 perecent to what my booking 'rules' are. It took me at least 6 months to work it out on my own and now find 75 to 80 percent of callers and texters fall.into category of timewaster...Lara74

    ReplyDelete